This recipe might look like it takes long but if you plan ahead and get organized you’ll be amazed on how quick you can make Spinach Crepes Benedict. Well look, making the batter for the spinach crepes takes around 2/3 minutes right? You basically just have to blend all ingredients until you get a smooth paste and that’s about it.
Now you’re thinking yeah right, spinach crepe batter but you still have to poach eggs and make the hollandaise. Look, you have to boil water for the eggs anyway. just get a pot that would fit a glass bowl on top. Fill it up so that the bowl will only be touched by steam and not the boiling water. Make the hollandaise inside then just pick it up and add salt to the water, lower the temperature and poach your eggs. It saves a lot of time to be organized. I guess you get to make the hollandaise in about 5 minutes and poaching takes about 3 minutes. Not bad for Spinach Crepes Benedict.
So that’s around 10 minutes for all three. Now just fry the batter and build your Spinach Crepes Benedict. Take one crepe and smother cream cheese on in a thin layer than pack it in a square shape. Set it on the plate and do the same with the next one. Lay some prosciutto on top and then the egg. All you need to do is poor the creamy hollandaise on top and MUNCH!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- a handful of spinach
- clarified butter
- 1 egg yoke
- 1 spoon of lemon juice
- cream cheese
- prosciutto crudo
- baby salad leaves
- Mix in eggs milk and sparkling water.
- Add spinach and mix through well with a hand blender.
- Mix the egg yoke with lemon.
- Gradually mix in the clarified butter on steam.
- Heat up a pot of water to the boiling point than turn the heat down to medium.
- Make a swirl with a spoon in the water and crack an egg in the middle.
- When whites coagulate take the egg out and drop it in ice water.